Latest Updates in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams has released their latest round of updates with new features that will change the way you work. New features are easy to access and open doors for communication with your colleagues and clients. Take a look at how these new tools can improve your collaboration experience.
Get connected: CUBE is now certified for Microsoft Teams
- Cisco Unified Border Element, or CUBE, is now certified for Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Services, so you can dial between Microsoft Teams and Cisco Unified Communications via a shared voice gateway.
- Originally announced at Microsoft Ignite in 2019, this long-awaited update makes it simpler for Cisco customers to set up communications with Microsoft Teams users.
- Talk to us or take a look at the Cisco FAQ to learn more about this update.
Join Webex meetings from Microsoft Teams Rooms
- Using a Microsoft Teams Room system, users are able to join Cisco Webex meetings using direct guest join.
- New capabilities enable video gallery layout while content is being shared, as well as the ‘raise your hand’ feature in meetings.
- Read more in Microsoft Release Notes: 188.8.131.52.
Enhanced meeting experience in Microsoft Teams
- See up to 49 video streams at the same time with the latest enhancement to the Teams meeting experience.
- Other interesting features: Together mode show everyone sitting together when cameras are switched on, and Focus mode displays only the content being shared.
- Look at the Microsoft article to learn how to enable these new features.
Walkie Talkie in Microsoft Teams
- Like a real walkie talkie, frontline workers can push-to-talk within the Teams app.
- Walkie Talkie is available on Android for public preview.
- All you need is an internet connection and you can use the walkie talkie on existing channels.
- Read the article for more information on how to get started, or contact Outcomex.
Merge calls in Microsoft Teams
- Using Microsoft’s call merge feature, users can combine multiple calls. When you have a call on hold to accept another, you can combine the two calls and continue the conversation.
- Roll out of this new feature begins in mid-August with completion by the end of August – contact Outcomex for more information.
There is always a new experience for you in collaborative technology, so make sure your communications experience meets your company’s needs
To talk about the new Microsoft Teams updates, reach out to your Outcomex account manager or contact:
Microsoft Technical Lead, Outcomex
Mobile: 02 8879 3837
Outcomex is a Microsoft Gold Partner with Gold Communications competency, and a Cisco Gold Partner with Master Collaboration Specialisation. We take pride in our multi-vendor capabilities and enabling collaboration for our clients. Learn more about how we can enable collaboration in your business.